Friday, June 12, 2015

Scarves in the Round by Heather Walpole

I recently got the chance to review Heather Walpole's fantastic new book, Scarves in the Round, and wanted to share how much I loved it.




Heather is the owner/HBIC/creativity machine at one of my favorite yarn companies, Ewe Ewe. I work with her a lot and she's a friend, so I was very excited to see her book. When we were at TNNA I got to read through it ahead of her book signing, and it is great. There are dozens of lovely patterns in there, all worked in the round-- Horaay! Circular needles and mostly knit stitches! -- for your knitting enjoyment. There are cowls, infinity scarves, tube scarves, capelets... many of which I'd like to make and wear.

My favorite scarf is this one, "Pixel Perfect," which is worked as a tube, alternating a solid color (shown in Ewe So Sporty) with a gradient color-changing yarn (Ombre Sport by Freia Fibers). The effect is simple and striking.


Totally tubular, dude

I really enjoyed the projects and photos in the book, and I bet you will too.

Are you into it?? You can win a copy of the book!

To enter to win a copy from Stackpole Books, leave a comment below about why you like working in the round rather than flat. Be sure to include an email address so we can find you! Comment by Friday, June 19th to enter.

As Heather says in the book, get busy knitting yourself in circles!

1 comment:

Doogs said...

I love working scarves in the round! There's minimal purling and I feel like I work faster, somehow. That Pixel Perfect is AWESOME.