Monday, September 8, 2014

cape vertigo - new pattern!

Picture this: You're all dressed up to go enjoy some evening fall festivities. There's a slight chill in the air... what do you throw on over your stylish duds? A winter coat just doesn't quite seem fancy enough.

If you're me, it's a cape. Meet Cape Vertigo, my latest design from the Fall/Winter 2014 issue of Holla Knits!


Cozy and luxurious, it sits around your shoulders with a soft shaped folding collar. This simple stranded colorwork pattern is a joy to knit -- worked in the round and then steeked before the collar stitches are picked up. If you've never steeked before, never fear! This is a great first steeking project and will walk you through the process with visual references.

The stranded colorwork creates a strong fabric with clean lines that remains light and soft. It's an easy-to-memorize pattern repeat and surprisingly fast to knit. This flew off my needles in record time for such a large cozy piece.



My light tan and blue version of the cape was knit up in the divine Berrocco Flicker, an alpaca blend with a tiny bit of metallic sparkle. Allyson's beautiful dark brown/blue tweedy version of the cape was knit in Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Tweed.


I love how this pattern turned out in both yarns! This one is so fun to knit, I want to make as many color combinations as possible. I'm thinking a neon pink/gray version is in my future.


Cape Vertigo on Ravelry

#capelyfe

No comments: