Wednesday, June 11, 2014

New crochet pattern! Patches the Elephant

Do these curtains make my ears look big?

Patches is here! I made this squishy, huggable pillow-toy for Ewe Ewe Yarns in their excellent superwash Wooly Worsted.

This happy creature is about a foot long, a nice large size for playing or snuggling at nap time. Patches only has two legs-- but really, how many legs do you need when you're a pillow?

The better to hear you with, my dear

I chose colors that were sunny and bright and unisex (at least in my opinion! I was never one for the pink-or-blue dichotomy). The pattern involves minimal finishing: the belly-ful body is join-as-you-go, stuffed with plenty of cushy stuffing, quick embroidered eyes and sew the ears on-- done. 

It's times like these when I wish I had a handy kid-model for scale. We'll have to settle for this shot of me being a goof.

Do the Pachyderm Rock


Patches the Elephant crochet pattern PDF

$6

No comments: